Credit Harassment Lawyers
Credit Harassment Suits
We don’t hide behind briefs and settle for you, we fight.
It’s 5:30 pm, you just got home from a long day at work. The kids are hungry and just as you sit everyone down for dinner, your phone rings. Debt collectors. You ignore it, but half an hour later you get another call, then another one. Finally, you pick up the phone and the person on the other end says you owe the banks over $5000 and if you don’t pay it they will send someone over to arrest you.
Hundreds of thousands of Americans go through this scenario every day, some have become so scared that they will not even pick up their phones for anyone outside of their contact lists. This is a form of harassment and The Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) lists some criteria that debt collectors must adhere to.
If you are being harassed by creditors, you should contact The Liblang Law Firm to discuss your case immediately: (248) 540-9270 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Did You Know?
- Repetitious phone calls that are intended to annoy, abuse, or harass you or any person answering the phone
- Obscene or profane language
- Threats of violence or harm
- Publishing lists of people who refuse to pay their debts (this does not include reporting information to a credit reporting company)
- Calling you without telling you who they are
The FDCPA also notes that debt collectors cannot use false, deceptive, or misleading practices. These include:
- The amount owed
- Falsely claiming they are an attorney
- False threats to have you arrested
- Threats to do things that cannot legally be done
- Threats to do things that the debt collector has no intention of doing
Like the example mentioned above, you can also sue the debt collector for violations of the FDCPA, and if you win, the collector must also pay your attorney fees and may also have to pay you for damages.
It is always a good idea to keep a file of any documents a debt collector may send you. Write down dates and times of conversations along with notes about what was discussed. These records can really give you a step up if you have a dispute with a debt collector, meet with one of our lawyers, or go to court.
Keep yourself protected.
You have a choice in credit harassment lawsuits but, if you want experienced, smart, tough-minded professionals to handle your case, please contact us with the form.